What is Producer?
There are various reasons that musicians want to create their own midi files:
- To have accompaniment music when practicing.
- As a composer to have a demo of a new song.
- As a composer to listen to a new song played in different musical styles.
But creating good(!) sounding midi files is a very difficult task which requires a lot of experience, if done in the traditional way.
With Producer (a program for PCs running Microsoft Windows2) this task is dramatically easier for owners of a YAMAHA1 keyboard.
To create a midi file for accompaniment it only requires to select a keyboard style and to enter the sequence of chord symbols
(no knowledge of individual notes is necessary), just by using the mouse.
After this the result can immediately be audited by playing it directly from Producer.
Optional the user can enhance the result by
just by selecting the appropriate settings in the grid representing the song.
- selecting the style sections to be used in the different parts of the song
- modifying the tempo
- changing the tempo throughout the song
- mute, solo or adjust the volume of style parts
- fading in/out the accompaniment
- adding lyrics text
- transposing the song
Additionally when using a sequencer or utility program together with Producer it is possible to
- add melody tracks (there are 8 free tracks to be used)
- change or add all parameters of a midi file
So with Producer not only someone can create midi files in an easy way, it also provides the possibility for unlimited enhancement and fine tuning.
A detailed description of the main features is available here.